Sunday, September 9, 2012

Introduction to the Radical Onion Slice

This is the first post of the Radical Onion Slice. Once a day, hopefully, I will be posting one post about a controversial topic. I'll discuss my opinions and respond to questions and comments if anyone actually winds up reading this. If it weren't for my personal beliefs, I would try to break into politics instead of create a blog as an outlet. Still, this will keep me from driving my friends and family insane with my endless political rants. Quick version. I am, on the political spectrum, a radical. I believe in gay marriage being something that should not only be allowed but not argued over in the first place. I am pro-choice, anti-death penalty (actually helped get rid of that institution in Illinois), pro-liberal, pro-Obama, pro-universal health care, and it scares a lot of conservatives that I can say that, be a woman, and have the power to vote. I am a feminist, am a junior in college at UIC, and a Wiccan. I believe in equal rights for all, not just for White, Anglo-Saxon Men who own land, not even just men and women. FOR ALL. I am not one of those women who want equality AND special gender treatment. I want to live in a world where I can piss off a guy and actually run the risk of getting hit or sworn at, not because I'm a woman, but because I pissed him off. I don't need people to help me pick stuff up or move heavy stuff, but I will not get outrageously mad if someone offered to help. I'm genuinely easy going, but my mouth can get me in trouble sometimes. If you want an opinion on controversial issues, feel free to continue. If you are easily offended, by all means read and get offended if that's what you are looking for. These are my opinions and I do not force them on others, but I refuse to be silent on issues that affect me and the world I live in. Vive.

No comments:

Post a Comment